Steps for Detecting Fraud
Stopping insurance scams is no small task; the governmental agencies alone cannot tackle this menace on their own. They require the help of individuals taking a stand against insurance fraud, because it affects every policyholder. Individuals can be more attentive about their insurance policies and how and where they are utilizing them. When you start paying attention, you will realize that there a large number of opportunities for fraudsters to take advantage of your or your business’s insurance policies.
If you think that you have been a victim of insurance fraud or there is someone committing insurance fraud using your or your company’s name, then you should get in touch with an insurance fraud investigation unit, like NSIU, as soon as possible. However, if you aren’t sure about the fraudulent scheme, then you can utilize the information below to learn how to detect insurance fraud.
• When you suspect someone of fraud, don’t delay and start looking for clues immediately. If you delay fact-finding, the fraudster will be long gone, with your insurance money.
• Collect photographic evidence, if required, in case of accidents.
• Don’t take the suspected scammer for their word, confirm every piece of information that they provide you with.
• Training your staff with up to date procedures and processes will help them avoid being duped.
• At this stage, you will have some sort of proof about the insurance fraud. This would be the time to contact certified insurance fraud specialists, like NSIU.
• Refer your case and suspicions to the professionals and they will start an investigation.
• They will start off by looking at the financial situation of the person in question.
• An investigation firm will also look at their history of insurance claims to find out if there is a pattern of false or fraudulent claims.
• They will collect the relevant evidence and find out the truth.
With the help of a professional investigation firm, you can avoid becoming an unsuspecting insurance scammer and identify the individuals who are trying to use your insurance policies to commit insurance fraud.
National SIU (Special Investigation Unit) is a professional investigation firm that specializes in surveillance and other services specifically for risk managers and insurance professionals. The organization’s main goal is to provide their clients with effective evidence which can be used to uncover the truth.
For more information, please visit http://www.nsiu.com/Home